Surveys For Education, School & Academic Institutions
Helping Students, Teachers and Administrators Achieve Full Marks
Whether you need to understand what parents or students think of a new academic program teachers, students, parents and staff can all benefit from education surveys by using them to improve courses, access achievements, explore methods and access satisfaction.
How Can Academic Professionals Use Online Educational Surveys?
Here are some ways educational professionals can use educational surveys:
- Student progress reports. Use surveys to access the level of knowledge a student has in a particular topic to highlight areas of improvement or excellence. For example use our free language proficiency template
- Teacher assessments. Use educational surveys to access teacher performance by asking students to provide feedback on their lessons. This can help greatly also when it comes to the preference of students in the method of their education (text, video, lectures vs workshops, etc). For example you can edit our employee performance survey template
- Student surveys. Using educational surveys you can collect feedback directly from the students. Find out if the students feel respected, supported and educated, which will highlight any areas of improvement or development needed. By keeping feedback anonymous you can also use questionnaires and surveys to uncover any kind of bullying or discrimination that may be occurring unnoticed. Is there a call for more after-school activities or sports teams? Start with your customer satisfaction feedback template
- Teacher surveys. Discover how your teaching staff feel about their workplace and working conditions. Are they happy with the facilities, their colleagues and superiors? What are their thoughts on the students and parents? Find out with educational surveys where they feel they are lacking and what is working well in their opinion. Use our 360 degree employee evaluation template
- Course offering evaluation. Get feedback from students and find out if the course lived up to expectations. Do parents believe that their child’s courses fulfil their educational requirements? Do teachers think that they did a good job in imparting knowledge to their students? Was the course appropriate for the students and were the necessary materials available? Use our course satisfaction survey template
- Build relationships between institution and parents. Develop relationships with parents and schools by asking for feedback and suggestions from parents of various key aspects. Perhaps you would like to find out from parents what they think of the school trips that have taken place or you would like to request donations or funding. Where do your relationships with parents and students stand? What can you do to improve them
- Motivational surveys. How high does your school or college score on motivating your child? Does it value diversity? Do teachers and administrators respect your child? Is there a healthy and supportive learning environment? Find these questions and more by sending an educational survey!
Obsurvey Educational Survey Samples and Templates
- Course satisfaction survey template
- Language proficiency template
- 360 degree employee evaluation template (Coworker)
- 360 degree employee evaluation template (Supervisor)
- 360 degree employee evaluation template (Subordinate)
Tips To Get Started
1. Keep your questions short and to the point. Bear in mind how much time it will take to complete your survey when you consider who you are sending your survey to.
2. Make your surveys anonymous, unless strictly necessary. Be aware of when it is more appropriate to make your surveys anonymous and when you will need to ask identifying information. If you are asking for information that may uncover bullying, you may need to make it anonymous to increase the chances of it being revealed. If you are conducting an achievement assessment however, you would likely need to identify the respondent.
3. Keep rating scales consistent. If you’re using rating scales, use the same points system throughout your questionnaire. If 5 means “extremely agree” and 1 means “extremely disagree”, keep this scale across all questions.
Get started with your educational surveys right away with Obsurvey’s templates and get the important answers you need today!